GENERAL OVERVIEW OF INFORMATION AND REGULATION REGARDING COVID-19 EPIDEMIC
• On 28 March 2020 National Assembly od Republic of Srpska declared state of emergency in Republic of Srpska. This decision has not yet entered into force.
• Curfew: in RS from 8pm to 5am; in FBH from 8pm to 5am; in Brčko District from 9pm to 5am.
• The ban on the movement of persons who are 65 years old or elder in the Republic of Srpska and the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. RS Emergency Stab has adopted decision which will enable persons over 65 years old to move on the streets in the next 14 days (up to 13 April 2020), twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays, from 7 to 10 am.
• RS Emergency Stab has decided that the age limit for citizens living in rural areas is 75 years.
• Entry into BiH: All persons upon entering BH are admitted to the tent quarantines from where they are further sent to isolation for a period of 14 days. When determining isolation, a person is served with a decision on determining the isolation, and failure to comply with the isolation entails misdemeanour and criminal liability. The BH Presidency calls BiH Council of Ministers for the closure of border crossings that do not have tent quarantine, but this has not yet been decided. Citizens who are positive on Covid-19 tests will be accommodated in the Nikola Tesla student dormitory in Pavilions 1 and 2, in Banjaluka. Halls and other facilities are installed and are being installed throughout Republic of Srpska, which will serve as a 14-day isolation for persons entering BH who turn out to be negative for the Covid-19 test, as well as for those who violate home isolation measures (but are not infected).
• BiH entry from specific countries: Ban on entry to Bosnia and Herzegovina for foreign citizens coming from the areas with intensive transmission of Coronavirus, especially from China (Wuhan), South Korea, Japan, Italy, Iran, France, Romania, Germany, Austria, Spain, Switzerland and Belgium. BiH Council of Ministers will decide on lifting the ban, individually for each state, after the reasons for imposing such restrictions cease.
• Borders: Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro have closed their borders to BiH, and entry to these countries is only allowed to their nationals, foreigners who have a registered residence and truck drivers. Serbia has not closed only the following border crossings to BiH, which remain open only to goods traffic: Karakaj, Vardište and Rača. Montenegro has not closed only the following border crossing to BiH, which remains open only to goods traffic: Klobuk Ilino Brdo. Croatia only allows entrance through its borders for the transit traffic of freight vehicles. Croatia has not closed only the following border crossings to BiH, which remain open only to goods traffic: Stara Gradiška, Slavonski Šamac, Velika Kladuša, Bijača, Kamensko, Izačići, Slavonski Brod i Gradina.
• Prohibition of all catering establishments, theatres, wedding places, private dental clinics, gambler places, hair and cosmetic studios, working sports organizations and sports schools, training and competitions for sports categories of all categories, etc. as well as public gatherings.
• Workshops selling groceries and consumer goods: Opened from 7am to 6pm.
• In Republic of Srpska, shops that sell technical goods, construction materials, water and electrical installations are allowed to operate from 7am to 3pm.
• Markets (small, great, cattle market) in the Republic of Srpska are allowed to operate from 7am to 3pm with the applicability of all prescribed measures. In the Federation of BiH there is a ban on the operation of markets save for open market areas, ensuring the flow of customers with a distance of 1.5 meters, while respecting all other measures.
• Pharmacies / Farm pharmacies: Opened until 6pm.
• Traffic: The road traffic has been running smoothly, changing in public traffic mode. Railways of FBH and RS have temporarily suspended inter-entity traffic of fast passenger trains operating between Sarajevo – Bihac – Sarajevo and Sarajevo – Banja Luka – Sarajevo, and Maglaj-Zenica-Maglaj. The BiH air borders are closed. In some cities and municipalities in BiH, public transport has been abolished, save for reduced lines.
• Work of state / republic / federal bodies: Bodies and authorities are working with part-time mode, with reduced volume of work and reduced number of employees arriving to work, while work with the clients is generally limited to 2 pm.
• Shut down of kindergartens, schools, colleges and other educational institutions: Classes are organized through television channels and online (via the Google Classroom platform or otherwise).
• Workplace: The competent authorities in BiH have recommended employees and employers across BiH to organize their work from home, if possible, considering the nature of the work.
• Approximately 40,000 people are isolated and monitored in BiH.
IMPORTANT INFORMATIONIndirect Taxation Authority of Bosnia and Herzegovina – Indirect Taxation Authority has adopted Decision on temporary operation of customs offices for the duration of emergency measures in BiH. Please find more information at the following link: Decision.
Department of Health and Other Services of the Brčko District – overview of the situation in the Brčko District on 31 March 2020 by 11:15 am. Please find more information at the following link: Overview.
Today, the Brčko District Government has adopted an order which extends the period of isolation for persons who were issued an isolation order from 14 (fourteen) days to 28 (twenty-eight) days. Please find more information at the following link: The order.
In addition, the Government of Brčko District today presented measures of assistance to the economy, which include reimbursement of minimum gross wage payments to those entities, legal entities and entrepreneurs whose work was prohibited. Please find more information at the following link: Measures.
The RS Government has adopted several decisions:
• Conclusion on the extension of application of certain conclusions of the Republican Emergency Management Staff until 13 April 2020. Please find the conclusion at the following link: Conclusion.
• Conclusion on the organization and operation of quarantine-type isolation facilities. The conclusion can be found at the following link: Conclusion.
• Conclusion on holding the exams in April. Please find the conclusion at the following link: Conclusion.
• Conclusion on the responsibilities of the University Clinical Center and Hospitals. Please find the conclusion at the following link: Conclusion.
• Conclusion on the responsibilities of health centres. Please find the conclusion at the following link: Conclusion.
• Conclusion on the relocation of the Republic quarantine from the Sepak border crossing to the Karakaj border crossing. Please find the conclusion at the following link: Conclusion.
• Conclusion on permitting the movement of persons who are 65 years old or elder on Tuesdays and Fridays from 7am to 10am. Please find the conclusion at the following link: Conclusion.
• Conclusion on awarding financial assistance to public kitchens. Please find the conclusion at the following link: Conclusion.
• Conclusion on keeping records of persons entering and leaving quarantine. Please find the conclusion at the following link: Conclusion.
• Conclusion on the mandatory implementation of measures as a response to the onset of disease caused by the new Coronavirus. Please find the conclusion at the following link: Conclusion.Government of the Una-Sana Canton – Notification of the Cantonal Staff for Civil Protection of the Una-Sana Canton and the Crisis Staff of the USC Ministry of Health with the overview of situation on 31 March 2020. More information at the following link: Notification.
Government of the Central Bosnia Canton – An amendment to Order No. 01-40-8-1 / 20-3 concerning the operation of secondary / alternative accommodation facilities has been adopted. Please find the amendment the following link: An amendment.
Government of Herceg-Bosna Canton – An order extending the validity of individual orders issued by the Cantonal Crisis Staff regarding the Covid-19 epidemic has been issued. The validity of commands is extended until further notice. Please find more information at the following link: An order.